Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 42: A Tofu Day


We drove for an hour to get to Taipei County just to eat in this tofu restaurant that was owned by one of our customers. I've never eaten that much tofu in one meal. Five of the dishes had tofu in it, some of which were stinky tofu. I like it better now, as compared to the first time I ate it during the weekend of the Dragon Boat Festival. It's stinky, but at the same time, fragrant. LOL I think I might find myself craving for it in the future!


The place was called 深坑老街 (Shen Keng Old Street) where there were (supposedly) lots of traditional stores. But it seemed to me that it was called such because the structures were old - a lot of the stores were undergoing renovation. Aside from the numerous stinky tofu restaurants along the street, there were stores selling snacks, drinks and souvenir items.

Tofu ice cream, which tasted like soy milk in ice cream. Yum! ^^

I also had a glimpse of Taipei 101 from afar while we were in the highway. I can't wait to go to Taipei City this weekend! But that would also mean time would fly by faster and it will be time to go home. :(

P.S. I also bathed little brother's dog for the first time today! I will miss that dog too. ㅠㅠ

No comments:

Post a Comment