Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 40-41: My Name Needs to be Changed

Goodbye yang mei fruit! Till we meet again~

Because of the heavy rains and strong winds, there was nothing to do the entire Saturday. Auntie and Uncle spent the entire afternoon resting and little brother was studying for his upcoming exams. So I ended up catching up on missed Running Man episodes, watching the TV, playing with the dog and making mango float.

Check out that extra long mango! Auntie and Uncle loved it~ only a small piece was left for little brother!

Sunday was relatively busy, even though yang mei fruit harvest season is officially over. There were people who came to have lunch, drink tea, buy trees and other products. There was this super cute but super kulit kid! I couldn't understand what he was saying (think baby talk in Chinese!), but it seemed he wanted me to play with him. He even followed me all the way to the backyard and I almost got into trouble because he suddenly disappeared! But there was this warm feeling when I played with him, since I can't even remember the last time I held a hand that small. ^^

For dinner, we drove about 20 minutes to this old noodle place that was recommended by a customer. They don't add MSG, but it was still very tasty. I even asked for another serving of the soup!

Old noodle place with free noodle/soup refill "until you get full"

Uncle also finally "studied" my Chinese name. I wrote the characters of my Chinese name and told him my Chinese Zodiac sign, which happens to be Dragon. Here's what Uncle said:
1. I have a strong connection with my dad. (Hmm... we don't talk a lot, but I think there's more to talk about with him than with my mom)
2. I'm the type to work in a big company or take the government official exams. (Not so much the first one, but I was actually considering the latter one!)
3. I am able to meet guys but there's "no result" with any of them. He actually said that "I couldn't get the ones I like" (어머나 세상에! The reason for my non existent love life is my name?)
4. I have a difficult time concentrating on studying. (Very true! ADHD?)
5. I don't seem to like listening to what my family says. (Uhm... ^^)
6. I have skin allergies. (I did have allergies years ago. Red spots would appear all over my body, but we never figured out what I was allergic to. >.<)

My Chinese name's inside the red circle

The verdict? My name would've been perfect if I was born in the year of the snake. But since I wasn't, I need to have it changed to something like 采晴. Let's see when he gives me more characters to consider!

No comments:

Post a Comment