Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 19-20: The Perya and Some Awkwardness

The weekend wasn't as busy as I anticipated, and I was happy to see a lot of cute customers!

I really love playing and chatting with these kids ^^

Most of the customers who come are old, and they are very curious. There was this couple who came and asked too many questions. I can't believe they talked about me for like 10 minutes in front of me! They were commenting on my appearance - how my eyes, nose and even posture indicate that I have 福氣 (Luck? I'm not sure how to translate it accurately.) The grandfather even told Auntie to have me marry into the family! So embarrassing! The conversation ended with them handing me their name card and an invitation to visit their house. That should be a good thing right? LOL Maybe I should have asked if he knew anyone he could 介紹 me to. ㅋㅋ


Since it's a three day weekend due to the Dragon Boat Festival, there was this sort of fair in the city. There were booths with games and food. Many people came to play, eat and watch the festivities by the Long Tan Lake. It was chaotic, but I enjoyed spending time with Uncle, Auntie and the little brother. It was my first time to go out with all three of them! I thought they never left the house empty.

Games that reminded me of the peryas back home!

So much food~

Can you feel the heat and chaos?

These reminded me of Incheon and Insadong!

oyster cake, stinky tofu and meat bun from the previous picture

No comments:

Post a Comment