Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 38: Major Bonding with Auntie


Time flies so fast, I can't believe it's already my 37th day here! It seems Auntie is also feeling the same way - these days she keeps talking about things I should or can do before I leave. She also *finally* showed me pictures. Strangely enough, there was no wedding or complete family picture to be seen! But let's save that for another day.

Older little brother has a lot more pictures but the younger one is cuter! ^^

The older little brother's first kiss and Auntie's trip to the Philippines

Looking through and arranging the pictures was actually a bit tiring, so we had another chat over beer and snacks. She talked about things in the past, and how time flies really fast. She even taught me this phrase:
知足常樂 which means when you'll be happier when you know how to be contented. She says a lot of people are better off, but she's already happy living like this. The message really got through me, because I think I'm the type who keeps wanting to know/learn/see/do more. Is this some sign that I should actually consider settling down someday?

The entire afternoon was really quiet, and it even rained, so I didn't have to water the plants. To kill some time before dinner, Auntie and I played basketball.

We played (and I lost) 3 rounds!

She brought me to her older sister's snack shop, where Auntie again talked about her frustrations. Her older sister gave us mangoes which were good, but nowhere as sweet and fragrant as our Philippine mangoes.


I also went with her to ballroom dancing class. I was planning to learn as well, but the teachers were a bit... freaky. (Even Auntie said so!) So I just ended up watching them.


When we got home, we had another round of drinks - this time, red wine which tasted just like grape juice. I don't know why Auntie keeps wanting to drink these days, when this family doesn't really drink. Is it because when I leave, she won't have anyone to drink with? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment