Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 37: Visitors and the Public Library

Rhyan and his friend came over for a short visit today. I cooked lunch for them - pork barbecue, adobo and kimchi soup (it wasn't too successful, and i forgot to take a picture >.<)
After lunch, I brewed Oriental Beauty Tea for the first time - which was not bad at all! And then I showed them around the farm and let them try the different fruits.

Tenny and Rhyan!

Heart shaped strawberry out of nowhere!

It's a good thing I wasn't born into this family. Uncle is stricter than my own dad. Haha ^^ I asked if I could go back to the city with my friends and come home the next day. While it seemed like aegyo was going to work on Auntie, Uncle was like "no way". Oh, if they only knew about those 9 months in Seoul~

I was even able to find a couch to crash for the night! I guess my solo exploration trip will have to wait.

Uncle let me tag along again when he went to fetch little brother from the public library. He went early to check on him, to make sure he's actually there, studying. What he doesn't know is that every time he does this with my knowledge, I would send a text message to the little brother as a warning to make sure he's not somewhere else playing (noona loyalty > daughter loyalty). It was so sudden I didn't even have time to change my clothes. It was my first time to be in such a public place in my sleepwear. And little brother's friends happened to see me for the first time too. LOL

Since we came early, we waited for almost an hour until little brother came out. The public library was actually interesting. There was a general room with newspapers, magazines and computers for anyone to use. There was another room where classes such as calligraphy were held, and the biggest room was for students to self-study. There were all sorts of announcements and advertisements for events and extra curricular activities. There was even a poster for this new idol drama. Too bad the book lending room was already closed when we got there, I have a feeling they would have an interesting collection of books. I've never even been to a public library in Manila. Do we even have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment