Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 35: Another Quiet Day

I woke up with a swollen right eyelid because I spent the entire night crying something was in my eye last night. I couldn't figure out what it was, but it was painful and it was blocking my eyesight. I tried washing it and using my fingers to take it out, but it didn't work, so I watched this drama on TV, and imagined myself in the character's shoes until tears came out. Come to think of it, does this mean I have acting potential? ㅋㅋ

Auntie asked me if we also believe that good first customers will mean good business for the rest of the day. It's because the first customers who came didn't really buy anything, and Uncle even gave them yang mei fruit for free. We only had 3 groups of people walk in today, and only the last actually bought something (5 chickens which Auntie caught, killed, cleaned and packed in about 30 minutes). The entire day was just too quiet, and too hot. The only fun thing was this plum snack that Uncle asked me to make - gently pounding each plum with a knife then adding this sweet-sour powder to make it sweeter. It was yummy, but part of the kitchen ended up with splashes of red plum juice.

The night was more fun, with roast chicken for dinner, Uncle playing the 二胡  and more watermelon. ^^

Homemade Roast Chicken

Uncle playing a famous Hakka song on the Erhu

The sweetest watermelon ever, part 2! *wink*

My friend Rhyan called to say he'd come visit on Wednesday! I hope it doesn't rain as hard as predicted, so we can go out and play. I can't believe it's already day 34! I don't want to go home yet~

No comments:

Post a Comment