Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 59: Of Firsts and Lasts

Q: 三分熟牛排和五分熟牛排為何見面不大招呼 A: 因為他們還不熟ㄚ

It's my last day at the farm! I could still remember the moment I first stepped into this house. During the first few days, I was even thinking: "What did I get myself into?". Back then, Uncle and the little brother were so awkward when I'm around that they would only eat a little. The language barrier was a problem too since I couldn't understand what they wanted me to do and I couldn't express myself well either. I experienced a lot of firsts, learned about their culture and got used to living in a quiet farm. And suddenly two months have passed and I'm about to leave! 我好捨不得離開~ I will definitely miss them! T.T

The first motorcycle I ever rode

I spent the entire morning teaching Auntie how to add posts to the blog I set up for them and send emails. She asked if I was interested in managing the farm if her two sons decided not to. I didn't know how to answer that, so I just said "Let's see, 10 years from now." She always jokes that when I come back 10 years from now, I might bring with me a 小碧芳 (a mini Tasha = a child) I told her that's not gonna happen, but she insisted that "you never know what fate will bring you". Dear 33-year-old-Tasha, I wonder what you'll be saying when you read this! Will you realize that you did eat your words back then and that Auntie was right? :p

Left: still in the farm | Right: planted in Manila

Uncle also gave me two little tree grape seedlings to plant at home. He taught me how to take care of them, and even asked me to update little brother if it lives or dies. Talk about pressure! It will take at least 5 years for the tree to grow big enough to bear fruits. Where will I be and what will I be doing then?

Passionfruit is yummy!

While I was walking in the backyard, I also saw that some of the 百香果 passion fruit were already ripe. When I took pictures last time, they were still green and I thought I would never be able to eat them before I left. But it seems as if the farm decided to give me a farewell present, so I was able to try fresh passion fruit for the first time on my last day here.

Last lunch: Oriental Beauty Tea Chicken Soup

The dog loves rolling on the mat after taking a bath!

來福 and 莊先生 aka 胖叔叔

Last picture with my home in Taiwan!

Last dinner in a fancy restaurant in 龍潭

Family picture! (Everyone's smiling, yey!)

After dinner, we headed to 中壢 to buy fruits and hang out in Auntie's mom's house until it was time to meet up with AIESEC member Sharon. I got to meet Auntie's niece and chatted with her for a bit. She was so energetic and talkative that we became Facebook friends in 10 minutes. She told me that she wants to go to 長攤島 Boracay, so I said we can go there together!

When it was time to leave, they brought me to the bus station to meet up with Sharon. I only met this girl twice: She fetched me from the airport on my first day and now she's sending me off! We talked about what happened during my two months here and her plans of going on an exchange program herself. I was happy to hear that "my Chinese has improved."

Ride to the airport with Sharon!

Sharon left after I checked in my luggage, and from that moment on, I was alone on my journey home. It seems the airport wanted to give me a farewell gift too, when I saw that the departure area was decorated with 方文山 Vincent Fang's lyrics. He's a well-known lyricist in the world of Chinese pop music, and he's written A LOT of lyrics for Jay Chou.

Huling hirit at fangirling!

No comments:

Post a Comment