Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 48: Sightseeing, Fangirling and a Haircut!

If only Mc Donald's Philippines had bagel and milk tea~

I didn't think Ya-chen would be up for a trip to Danshui because my main goal was to visit Jay Chou's high school (aka filming location of his movie - Secret). But luckily there were other interesting things to do in the area, so we went there together. Because of its location by the sea, Danshui served as the port and gateway to Taiwan so it played an important role in the country's history. We visited the Huwei Fort (which is totally their version of our Intramuros), Hongmao Castle, Xiao Bai Gong (some consulate office). Danshui is also popular for pre-nuptial photos as we saw around 5 couples in the area!


Some historical areas in Danshui

Danshui's busy streets on a hot Sunday afternoon

And of course, Jay's high school! These were pictures that waited years to be taken, but for some reason I wasn't on full fangirl mode that day. Maybe because I wasn't with a fangirl, or maybe I just wasn't the "Mrs. Chou" I used to be. It's still one of my life goals to watch him perform live, and I still enjoy listening to his songs, but I just don't... spazz anymore. Maybe I just grew up? I mean, it's been seven years since I became a fan.

I'm in Jay's high school!

Remember this from the movie "Secret I Cannot Tell"?

During the long MRT ride to Danshui, I told Ya-chen about my plans to change my hairstyle before I go back to Manila. After two phone calls to her hairstylist, it was decided that I was going to have a haircut that afternoon. Talk about randomness!
I didn't know hair washing for a haircut could take that long as I was chatting with the 洗頭哥 - we talked about my stay in Taiwan, his overseas trips, food, his hometown and even Jang Geun Seok (Hi Kamille!). ㅋㅋ

Before, during and after! ^^

Dinner: 刀削炸醬麵 Knife-cut Jajangmyun Taiwanese Style!

We dropped by Miramar Entertainment Mall so I could see the lighted ferriswheel that I always saw in Taiwanese dramas. Hee ^^ It was also walkable from where Ya-chen's motorcycle was parked, so it was kind-of on the way.


Before going home, Ya-chen and I had tea drinks and a chat beside the 碧湖 (Jade Lake). It was pretty big and peaceful, with a few people fishing and jogging around it. 碧 (bi) is the second character in my original Chinese name!

Yogurt green tea is yummy!

Thanks for showing me around, Ya-chen!

No comments:

Post a Comment