Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 47: A Chance of Sunshine


I woke up with Pei-ling's beautiful cat on my bed. Another first for me! ^^
As agreed, we went hiking in this mountain called 四獸山 (Four animals mountain - due to its four peaks that were named after animals). We rode her motorcycle to the base and hiked 1.8km in around an hour. We didn't get to the peak because of time contraints but at least we were able to burn some calories from last night's dinner.


Pei-ling advised me to check out the artwork found in Nangang Station of the MRT, which featured characters from 幾米's books, which I totally love (because of the cute drawings + few words). It would be nice to have couple photos by the characters from 向左走,向右走 (Turn Left, Turn Right/ A Chance of Sunshine), just like Pei-ling's sister's wedding photos!


For lunch, I met with May, whom I haven't seen for more than 2 years! She brought me to Jay Chou's restaurant, Mr. J, which had a 不能說的秘密 theme. Seeing that there were non-fans eating in the restaurant assured me that the food was at least decent, if not good. Time for some fangirling/camwhoring!

The pictures that waited years to be taken!

I loved the Three Cup Chicken Pizza!

Mr. J II Interior

After lunch, we went to Ximending which is "the place to be" for young people (shopping, eating, movies, games) and a common place for performances. A friend also said that it's a good place for boy watching. (Hi friend, you know who you are! ^^) Even in the afternoon, it was filled with students and couples. I bet it's crazier at night!


Time for Taipei 101! Going in the late afternoon is a good time because you get to see the view from the top in broad daylight and at night, with a beautiful sunset in between!



After a quick dinner and trip to the bookstore, we decided that it was time to go home and rest. I met up with my second Couchsurfing host Ya-chen, who picked me up from the MRT with her motorcycle and gave me a can of cold beer. :)


The day was tiring but I was thankful to finally be able to visit the places I could only dream of during the peak of my Jay Chou and Taiwanese drama fangirling (aka High School) days. I'm glad for the opportunity to experience blissful moments like these, just like the moment the two characters first met in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment