Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 17: More Tea and Dumpling Wrapping

For some reason, I woke up early today, which allowed for some bonding time with Uncle. We picked the yang mei fruits together, then he told me more about the Dong Fang Mei Ren (Oriental Beauty) Tea. The leaves are bitten by a certain insect, which releases a chemical and stops its growth. The more insect bites, the more fragrant the final product will be. The ones we've made so far haven't been bitten a lot so the leaves were bigger. The leaves harvested after the weekend will result to redder and better tea.

Uncle used pictures to explain things better

Auntie decided to make dumplings today, with kimchi and pork as the filling. It was my first time to wrap dumplings like this, so the ones I made just look... never mind.

I'm lucky that Auntie's such a good cook! There's just nothing she can't do in the kitchen!

I don't even have to say which ones were made by yours truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment